Liebe Schwalbe, kleine Schwalbe
Language: German (Deutsch)
Liebe Schwalbe, kleine Schwalbe,
Trage fort mein kleines Briefchen!
Flieg zur Höhe, fliege schnell aus,
Flieg hinein in Liebchens Haus!
Fragt man dich, woher du kommest,
Wessen Bote du geworden,
Sag, du kommst vom treusten Herzen,
Das vergeht in Trennnungsschmerzen.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FIN FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Liebe Schwalbe, kleine Schwalbe", alternate title: "Liebe Schwalbe, kleine Schwalbe", op. 112 (Sechs Quartette für S., A., T. und B. mit Pianoforte) no. 6 (1891), published 1892 [SATB quartet and piano], from the collection Vier Zigeunerlieder, no. 4, Leipzig, Peters [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Dear swallow, little swallow", copyright ©
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Milla Valkeasuo) , title 1: "Rakas pääsky, pieni pääsky", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Chère hirondelle, petite hirondelle", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Rondine cara, piccola rondine", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2015-12-17 12:09:49
Line count: 8
Word count: 40
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Rondine cara, piccola rondine
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Rondine cara, piccola rondine,
porta lontano al mia piccola lettera!
In alto vola, ed anche veloce,
fino alla casa della mia amata!
E se qualcuno ti chiede da dove vieni,
e di chi sei messaggera,
rispondi che vieni da un cuore fedele,
che sta soffrendo per la separazione.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2008 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2008-12-30.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:02
Line count: 8
Word count: 48