Kommt dir manchmal in den Sinn, mein...
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Hungarian (Magyar)
Kommt dir manchmal in den Sinn, mein süßes Lieb,
Was du einst mit heil'gem Eide mir gelobt?
Täusch mich nicht, verlaß mich nicht,
Du weißt nicht, wie lieb ich dich hab,
Lieb du mich, wie ich dich,
Dann strömt Gottes Huld auf dich herab!
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Kommt dir manchmal in den Sinn, mein süßes Lieb
", op. 103 no. 7 (1887/8), published 1888 [voice or SATB chorus and piano], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 7, Berlin, Simrock [
text verified 1 time]
- by Gunnar de Frumerie (1908 - 1987), "Kommt dir manchmal", 1927 [voice and piano], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 7. [
text not verified ]
- by Hans Melcher Svensson (1882 - 1961), "Kommt dir manchmal in den Sinn, mein süßes Lieb
", 1910, orchestrated 1920 [voice and piano], from Acht Zigeunerlieder, no. 6. [
text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Leonard Lehrman) , title 1: "Art thou thinking often now, sweetheart, my love", copyright © 1996, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Mio dolce amore, ti rammenti a volte", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title unknown, copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title unknown, copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:24
Line count: 6
Word count: 44
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Mio dolce amore, ti rammenti a volte
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Mio dolce amore, ti rammenti a volte,
ciò che con sacra promessa mi giurasti?
Non mi ingannare, non lasciarmi mai,
tu non sai quanto ti voglio bene,
amami sempre, come io ti amo,
e su di te scenderà la grazia di Dio!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Hugo Conrat (1845 - 1906) CAT DUT ENG FRE GER
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Johannes Brahms, Gunnar de Frumerie, Hans Melcher Svensson. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2009-02-23.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:08
Line count: 6
Word count: 42