Röslein dreie in der Reihe blühn so rot
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Hungarian (Magyar)
Röslein dreie in der Reihe blühn so rot,
Daß der Bursch zum Mädel gehe, ist kein Verbot!
Lieber Gott, wenn das verboten wär,
Ständ die schöne weite Welt schon längst nicht mehr;
Ledig bleiben Sünde wär!
Schönstes Städtchen in Alföld ist Ketschkemet,
Dort gibt es gar viele Mädchen schmuck und nett!
Freunde, sucht euch dort ein Bräutchen aus,
Freit um ihre Hand und gründet euer Haus,
Freudenbecher leeret aus.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Röslein dreie in der Reihe blühn so rot", op. 103 no. 6 (1887/8), published 1888 [ voice or SATB chorus and piano ], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 6, Berlin, Simrock [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Gunnar de Frumerie (1908 - 1987), "Röslein dreie", 1927 [ voice and piano ], from Zigeunerlieder, no. 6 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Hans Melcher Svensson (1882 - 1961), "Röslein dreie in der Reihe blühn so rot", 1910, orchestrated 1920 [ voice and piano ], from Acht Zigeunerlieder, no. 7 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , copyright © 2019
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Tre rosse roselline sono fiorite insieme", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:24
Line count: 10
Word count: 69
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Tre rosse roselline sono fiorite insieme
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Tre rosse roselline sono fiorite insieme,
e il giovane va dalla fanciulla: non è vietato!
Buon Dio, se questo fosse proibito,
da tempo il bello e vasto mondo non esisterebbe;
Restare scapolo è proprio un gran peccato!
Ketschkemet, dell' Alföld è la citta più bella,
là ci sono tante fanciulle graziose e garbate!
Amici miei, sceglietevi una sposina,
mettete su casa e la sua mano chiedete,
e il calice della gioia, così, vuotate.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Hugo Conrat (1845 - 1906) CAT DUT ENG FRE GER
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Johannes Brahms, Gunnar de Frumerie, Hans Melcher Svensson. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2009-02-23 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:08
Line count: 10
Word count: 73