Den grünen Zeigern
Language: German (Deutsch)
Den grünen Zeigern,
Den roten Wangen,
Den lustigen Geigern
Bin ich nachgegangen
Von Schenk' zu Schenk',
Solang' ich denk'.
Am Tschako jetz trag' ich
Die grünen Äste,
Rote Wangen, die schlag' ich
Den Feinden auf's Beste,
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "De groene wijzers", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Linda Godry) , "The indicating green branches", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Les pancartes vertes", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , "Ai verdi segnali", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:38
Line count: 12
Word count: 39
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Ai verdi segnali
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Ai verdi segnali,
alle guance rosse,
agli allegri musicanti
sono andato appresso,
di taverna in taverna,
per qunato mi ricordi.
Sul colbacco ora porto
i ramoscelli verdi,
e batto il nemico nel modo migliore,
quando il suono del cannone
fa il concerto intorno.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Amelia Maria Imbarrato, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Amelia Maria Imbarrato. We have no current contact information for the copyright-holder.
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2009-04-30.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:13
Line count: 12
Word count: 45