Language: German (Deutsch)
Mir war ein Weh geschehen
[ ... ]
List of language codes
This text may be protected by copyright under Canadian copyright law, so we will not display it until we obtain permission to do so or discover it is public-domain.
Confirmed with Hermann Hesse, Sämtliche Werke, herausgegeben von Volker Michels, Band 10 Die Gedichte, bearbeitet von Peter Huber, Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp Verlag, 2002, page 199.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Adolf Emil Fecker (1901 - ?), "Der Schmetterling" [voice, violin, and piano], from Drei Lieder mit Violine und Klavierbegleitung, no. 1. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Heinz-Otto Hoffmann (b. 1902), "Der Schmetterling", 1932-47 [voice and piano], from 21 Lieder, no. 1. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Maria Rudloff , "Der Schmetterling", <<1919. [voice and piano] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Karl Franz Schwarz , "Der Schmetterling", 1948 [voice and piano (or orchestra?)], from Musik des Einsamen, no. 12. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "The butterfly", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2009-05-05.
Last modified: 2018-08-15 10:18:20
Line count: 20
Word count: 100
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works