Wann der Hahn kräht auf dem Dache
Language: German (Deutsch)
[Wann]1 der Hahn kräht auf dem Dache,
Putzt der Mond die Lampe aus,
Und die Stern' ziehn von der Wache,
Gott behüte Land und Haus!
Translation(s): ENG ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
1 Schoeck: "Wenn"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Wilhelm Killmayer (1927 - 2017), "Wann der Hahn kräht", 1995, first performed 1997 [TTBB chorus a cappella], from ...wie in Welschland lau und blau... : Acht Chorlieder für Männerchor a cappella, no. 3, Mainz, Schott [ sung text not verified ]
- by Hans Erich Pfitzner (1869 - 1949), "Lied aus "Wanderlieder"", op. 28, Heft 1 no. 10 [soprano, alto, tenor, bass, and chorus], from Von deutscher Seele - Teil I - Mensch und Natur, no. 10. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Karl Heinrich Carsten Reinecke (1824 - 1910), "Intermezzo", op. 32 (Sechs Lieder) no. 3 (1852). [duet for 2 sopranos with piano] [ sung text not verified ]
- by Othmar Schoeck (1886 - 1957), "Wenn der Hahn kräht auf dem Dache", op. 42 no. 5 (1928) [voice, piano, clarinet, horn, percussion], from Wandersprüche: Liederfolge nach Gedichten von Joseph von Eichendorff, no. 5, Leipzig: Breitkopf & Härtel [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Canzone dai "Canti del viandante"", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2004-04-02.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:04
Line count: 4
Word count: 25
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Canzone dai "Canti del viandante"
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Quando sul tetto inizia a cantare il gallo,
smorza allora la luna il suo lampione,
tutte le stelle smontano di guardia,
di Dio scenda su casa e campi la protezione!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2009 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2009-09-01.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:20
Line count: 4
Word count: 30