Language: German (Deutsch)
Die Bläue meiner Augen ist erloschen in dieser Nacht,
Das rote Gold meines Herzens. O! wie stille brannte das Licht.
Dein blauer Mantel umfing den Sinkenden;
Dein roter Mund besiegelte des Freundes Umnachtung.
Translation(s): ENG ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Jeroen Scholten
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Anton von Webern (1883 - 1945), "Nachts", op. 14 (Sechs Lieder nach Gedichten von Georg Trakl (Six songs on poems of Georg Trakl)) no. 5 (1919). [voice, clarinet, violin, and cello] [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Elisabeth Siekhaus) , title 1: "At night", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "La nuit", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "A notte", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "At night", copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:52
Line count: 4
Word count: 33
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: French (Français) after the German (Deutsch)
Le bleu de mes yeux s'est éteint cette nuit,
l'or rouge de mon cœur. Oh, comme la lumière brûlait doucement.
Ton manteau bleu a enveloppé celui qui tombait ;
ta bouche rouge a scellé la folie de l'ami.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2009 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2009-10-01.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:23
Line count: 4
Word count: 38