Δόξα Πατρὶ (Gloria Patri)
Language: Greek (Ελληνικά)
Δόξα Πατρὶ καὶ Υἱῷ
καὶ Ἁγίῳ Πνεύματι,
καὶ νῦν καὶ ἀεὶ καὶ εἰς
τοὺς αἰῶνας τῶν αἰώνων.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FIN FRE GER LAT LAT
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Show a transliteration: DIN | ISO 843
Note on Transliterations
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
[ None yet in the database ]
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts DUT ENG LAT FRE FIN by Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Heinrich Schütz, Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy.
- Also set in Latin, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , title 1: "Gloria Patri" DUT ENG GER FRE FIN SPA by Antonio Vivaldi, Antonio Vivaldi, Hildegard von Bingen, Gustav Holst, Hildegard von Bingen, Marcel Dupré, Florent Schmitt, Josquin des Prez, Paweł Łukaszewski, John Nesbitt, Richard Monk, Robert Fayrfax, Tomás Luis de Victoria.
- Also set in English, a translation by Bible or other Sacred Texts , title 1: "The Gloria Patri" DUT GER LAT FRE FIN by Henry Purcell, Benjamin Britten, Paul Patterson, William Byrd, Thomas Tomkins, Thomas Tomkins, Thomas Tomkins, William Byrd.
- Also set in Latin, a translation by Michał Kłos.
Other available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Wim Reedijk) , title 1: "Glorie aan de Vader", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bible or other Sacred Texts)
- LAT Latin (Bible or other Sacred Texts) , title 1: "Gloria Patri"
- ENG English (Bible or other Sacred Texts) , title 1: "The Gloria Patri"
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2009-05-10.
Last modified: 2014-08-12 10:04:38
Line count: 5
Word count: 18
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Kunnia olkoon Isän
Language: Finnish (Suomi) after the Greek (Ελληνικά)
Kunnia olkoon Isän
ja Pojan ja Pyhän Hengen;
niinkuin alussa oli, nyt on ja aina,
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
About the headline (FAQ)
- Translation from Greek (Ελληνικά) to Finnish (Suomi) copyright © 2010 by Erkki Pullinen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Erkki Pullinen. Contact:
<erkki (DOT) pullinen (AT) uniarts (DOT) fi>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2010-01-15.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:30
Line count: 4
Word count: 17