Mio ben, ricordati
Language: Italian (Italiano)
Mio ben, ricordati,
Se avvien ch'io mora,
Quanto quest' anima
Fedel t' amò.
[Io,]1 se pur amano
Le fredde ceneri,
Nell' urna ancora
Translation(s): CAT ENG FRE RUS
M. Glinka sets stanza 1
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Tutte le opere di Pietro Metastasio, Firenze, Tipografia Borghi e compagni 1832, page 96-97.
The text appears in Alessandro nell'Indie, atto III, scena VII (Gandarte's aria).
1 Schubert and Handel: "E"
2 Schubert and Handel: "T'adorerò"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator] and Richard Morris and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor] and Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Karl Collan (1828 - 1871), "Canzonetta" [voice and piano] [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Mikhail Ivanovich Glinka (1804 - 1857), "Mio ben ricordati", stanza 1, also set in Russian (Русский) [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Georg Friedrich Händel (1685 - 1759), "Mio ben, ricordati", HWV 28, first performed 1731, from the opera Poro, re dell'Indie [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Mio ben ricordati", D. 688 no. 4 (1820), published 1871. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Gaspare Luigi Pacifico Spontini (1774 - 1851), "Mio ben, ricordati", subtitle: "Arietta", 1846 [voice and piano], Aux Abonnés de la Critique Musicale [...] under the title "La separazione" [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (T. P. (Peter) Perrin) , "Remember, my beloved", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Mon amour, rappelle-toi", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2018-04-21 08:34:46
Line count: 8
Word count: 25
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Mon amour, rappelle‑toi
Language: French (Français) after the Italian (Italiano)
Mon amour, rappelle-toi,
S'il arrive que je meurs
Combien cette âme
Et si aimer est possible pour
Les cendres froides
Depuis l'urne toujours
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2010 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2010-02-17.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:34
Line count: 8
Word count: 27