Language: Italian (Italiano)
Pensa ch'io resto, e peno,
E qualche volta almeno
Ricordati di me.
Ch'io per virtù d'amore,
Parlando col mio core,
Ragionerò con te.
Translation(s): ENG FRE
List of language codes
Submitted by John Versmoren and Andrew Schneider [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Pasquale Anfossi (1727 - 1797), "Conservati fedele" [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Domenico Cimarosa (1749 - 1801), "Conservati fedele", first performed 1784 [oboes, horns, strings, and soprano voice], from the opera Artaserse [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756 - 1791), "Conservati fedele", K. 23 (1765). [soprano, orchestra] [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Leonardo Vinci (1690 - 1730), "Conservati fedele", 1730, first performed 1730 [soprano and strings], from the opera Artaserse, no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Andrew Schneider) , "Remain to me faithful", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Reste fidèle", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2004-07-12 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2018-04-21 19:07:26
Line count: 7
Word count: 25
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: French (Français) after the Italian (Italiano)
Reste fidèle ;
pense que je reste et que je souffre,
Et parfois, au moins,
souviens-toi de moi.
Par le pouvoir de l'amour,
quand je parlerai à mon cœur,
je parlerai avec toi.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to French (Français) copyright © 2010 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2010-02-24 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:35
Line count: 7
Word count: 33