Komm, liebe Zither
Language: German (Deutsch)
Komm, liebe Zither, komm, du Freundin stiller Liebe,
Du sollst auch meine Freundin sein.
Komm, dir vertraue ich die geheimsten meiner Triebe,
Nur dir vertrau ich meine Pein.
Sag' ihr an meiner Statt, ich darf's ihr noch nicht sagen,
Wie ihr so ganz mein Herz gehört.
Sag' ihr an meiner Statt, ich darf's ihr noch nicht klagen,
Wie sich für sie mein Herz verzehrt.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA SPA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Set in a modified version by Anton Diabelli.
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Kom, lieve citer", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Linda Godry) , "Come here, dear zither mine, come", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Viens, chère cithare", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Vieni, mia amata cetra", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Covadonga González Bernardo) , "Ven, querida cítara", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:17
Line count: 8
Word count: 64
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Vieni, mia amata cetra
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Vieni mia amata cetra, amica di un amore segreto,
sii anche per me un'amica.
Vieni, a te confiderò i miei più reconditi impulsi,
solo a te rivelerò le mie pene.
Diglielo tu al posto mio, ancora non posso dirle,
come il mio cuore tutto le appartiene.
Diglielo tu per me, non posso ancora confidarle,
quanto il mio cuore per lei si consuma.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2010-03-13.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:36
Line count: 8
Word count: 62