Solch ein lauer weißer Tag
Language: German (Deutsch)
Solch ein lauer weißer Tag,
Mag die Hände gar nicht rühren,
Nur die Augen liegen wach.
Draußen welken gelb die Bäume,
In der stillen Esche nicken
Graue Blätter, altersschwach.
Graue Blätter, graue Träume.
Translation(s): ENG ENG
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Gary Bachlund) , title 1: "Such a tepid, white day", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Walter A. Aue) , title 1: "Such a tepid, whitish day", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2009-03-15 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:05
Line count: 7
Word count: 33
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Such a tepid, whitish day
Language: English after the German (Deutsch)
Such a tepid, whitish day:
Will not even move my fingers,
just the eyelids lie awake.
Outside branches' fallow gleaming:
in the silent ash-tree lingers
faded foliage at the stake.
Faded foliage, faded dreaming.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to English copyright © 2010 by Walter A. Aue, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Walter A. Aue. Contact:
<waue (AT) dal (DOT) ca>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Max Dauthendey (1867 - 1918), "Solch ein lauer weißer Tag"
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Gary Bachlund. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2010-03-23 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:37
Line count: 7
Word count: 34