Language: German (Deutsch)
Der liebe Abend blickt so still herein.
Ein Feuerlein rot
Knistert im Ofenloch und loht.
So, mein Kopf auf deinen Knie'n,
So ist mir gut.
Wenn mein Auge so in deinem ruht,
Wie leise die Minuten zieh'n.
Translation(s): CAT ENG FRE ITA POR
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alban Maria Johannes Berg (1885 - 1935), "Im Zimmer", 1905 [voice and piano], from Sieben frühe Lieder, no. 5, from Jugendlieder, Vol. II (1904-08), no. 45. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Michael Brough (b. 1960), "Im Zimmer", op. 22 (Neun Lieder und Gesänge) no. 6 (2006). [voice and piano] [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Robert Gund (1865 - 1927), "Im Zimmer", op. 39 no. 2 (1910). [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Willy Rössel (1877 - 1947), "Im Zimmer", op. 12 (Drei Lieder für eine mittlere Singstimme, Viola und Klavier) no. 2, published 192-? [medium voice, viola, piano] [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Erich J. Wolff (1874 - 1913), "Im Zimmer" [voice and piano] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "A la cambra", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "In the chamber", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Dans la chambre", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Nella stanza", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Elke Beatriz Riedel) , "No quarto", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-30 11:08:14
Line count: 8
Word count: 38
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Mite e tranquilla, ammicca la sera nella stanza.
Un fuocherello rosso
scoppietta e divampa nella stufa.
E col mio capo sulle tue ginocchia,
E se il mio sguardo nel tuo sguardo riposa,
dolce trascorre il tempo.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Johannes Schlaf (1862 - 1941), first published <<1902 CAT ENG FRE POR
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Alban Maria Johannes Berg, Michael Brough, Robert Gund, Willy Rössel, Erich J. Wolff. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2010-03-24 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:37
Line count: 8
Word count: 40