Language: German (Deutsch)
Lisch aus, mein Licht!
Was dir gebricht,
Das ist nun fort,
an diesem Ort
Kannst du's nicht wieder finden!
Du mußt nun los dich binden.
Sonst hast du lustig aufgebrannt,
Nun hat man dir die Luft entwandt;
Wenn diese fort gewehet,
die Flamme irregehet,
Sucht, findet nicht;
lisch aus, mein Licht!
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Resignation", copyright ©
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Rassegnazione", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Renoncement", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Berusting", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-09-19 12:24:08
Line count: 12
Word count: 51
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Spegniti, luce mia,
ciò che ti fu tolto
ora è andato via,
né in questo posto
lo puoi ritrovare!
Vi devi rinunciare.
Era allegra la tua fiamma un tempo,
ora l'aria ti è stata rubata;
e quando è cessato il vento
la fiamma resta smarrita.
Va in cerca ma non trova:
Spegniti, luce mia, allora.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2010-03-26.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:37
Line count: 12
Word count: 55