Language: German (Deutsch)
Wie sich die Welle
An Welle reiht,
Fließen die Thränen
Mir ewig erneut.
Hoch in den Kronen
Wogend sich's regt,
Mein Herze schlägt.
Und wie des Felsen
Bleibet mein Schmerz.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FIN FRE ITA KOR NOR POR SPA
List of language codes
Confirmed with Gedichte von Ludwig Rellstab. Erstes Bändchen. Berlin, bei Friedrich Laue. 1827, page 124; and with Gesammelte Schriften von Ludwig Rellstab, Neue Ausgabe, Fünfter Band: Sagen und romantische Erzählungen, Leipzig, F. A. Brockhaus, 1860, pages 132-133.
Submitted by Emily Ezust and Peter Rastl
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Heinrich August Marschner (1795 - 1861), "Aufenthalt", op. 76 no. 4. [ sung text not verified ]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Aufenthalt", D. 957 no. 5 (1828), published 1829, first performed 1829 [voice and piano], from Schwanengesang, no. 5, Tobias Haslinger, VN 5370, Wien [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Michael P. Rosewall) , "Dwelling", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- KOR Korean (한국어/조선말) [singable] (곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack) , "머물 곳", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- NOR Norwegian (Bokmål) (Marianne Beate Kielland) , copyright © 2016, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Axel Bergstedt) , copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Saúl Botero Restrepo) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-11-08 03:56:25
Line count: 20
Word count: 52
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Rio que ruge
Language: Portuguese (Português) after the German (Deutsch)
Rio que ruge,
é meu lugar.
Como a onda
segue à onda
assim correm minhas lágrimas,
sempre de novo.
Nos altos das copas
Tem um movimento ondulante,
Perpetuo, assim como
Bate meu coração.
E como o mineral
Antigo da rocha
Fica sempre a mesma
A dor no meu coração.
Rio que ruge,
é meu lugar.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
About the headline (FAQ)
Translation of title "Aufenthalt" = "Meu lugar"
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Portuguese (Português) copyright © 2010 by Axel Bergstedt, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2010-05-05.
Last modified: 2016-05-19 01:20:44
Line count: 20
Word count: 63