T'intendo, sì, mio cor
Language: Italian (Italiano)
T'intendo, sì, mio cor,
Con tanto palpitar!
So che ti vuoi lagnar,
Che amante sei.
Ah! taci il tuo dolor,
Ah! soffri il tuo martir
Tacilo, tacilo e non tradir
L'affetti miei, l'affetti1 miei!
Translation(s): ENG ENG ENG FRE GER GER SPA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
1 sometimes "gli affetti"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827), "T'intendo, sì", op. 82 (Vier Arietten und ein Duett) no. 2 (1810), also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Gaetano Donizetti (1797 - 1848), "La voce del core" [duet] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Vincenzo Righini (1756 - 1812), "T'intendo sì, mio cor", op. 7 no. 11, from Dodici Ariette, no. 11. [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG ENG ENG FRE FRE SPA by Ludwig van Beethoven.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Linda Godry) , "I hear you , oh my heart", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Uri Liebrecht) , "I hear you well, my heart", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "I hear you, yes, my heart", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Linda Godry) , "Ich verstehe/höre dich mein Herz", copyright © 2007, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Juan Henríquez Concepción) , "Te entiendo, si, corazón mío", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2015-12-26 15:10:54
Line count: 8
Word count: 34
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Te entiendo, si, corazón mío
Language: Spanish (Español) after the Italian (Italiano)
Te entiendo, corazón mío,
si de tanto palpitar
te quieres quejar,
que eres amante.
¡Ah! Acalla tu dolor;
¡Ah! Sufre tu martirio;
Cállalo, y no traiciones
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Italian (Italiano) to Spanish (Español) copyright © 2010 by Juan Henríquez Concepción, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Juan Henríquez Concepción. Contact:
<juanhenriquez (AT) ayuntamientodetelde (DOT) org>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2010-06-01.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:45
Line count: 8
Word count: 28