Quel Galant m'est comparable
Language: French (Français) after the Greek (Ελληνικά)
Quel galant m'est comparable,
D'entre ceux qu'on voit passer?
Dis, dame Vassiliki?
Vois, pendus à ma ceinture,
pistolets et sabre aigu...
Et c'est toi que j'aime!
Translation(s): ENG GER HUN ITA SPA
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "What Gallant Compares with Me?", copyright ©
- GER German (Deutsch) (Maria Th. Langsch) , title 1: "Welcher Anbeter ist mit mir vergleichbar", 2004, copyright © 2004, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Alfredo García) , title 1: "¿Qué galán se puede comparar conmigo?", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Quale spasimante può starmi a pari", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HUN Hungarian (Magyar) (Tamás Dániel Csűry) , title 1: "Melyik szerető fogható hozzám", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2015-09-30 17:57:36
Line count: 6
Word count: 26
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Quale spasimante può starmi a pari
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the French (Français)
Quale spasimante può starmi a pari,
fra quelli che passano per la via?
Sai dirmelo, signora Vassiliki?
Vedi, dalla mia cintura pendono
pistole e affilati coltelli...
E a te sola va il mio amore!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from French (Français) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2010 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2010-09-06.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:03:59
Line count: 6
Word count: 34