Poème LXVII Chant d'adoration
Language: French (Français) after the English
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in English by Rabindranath Tagore (1861 - 1941), no title, appears in Gitanjali, no. 57, first published 1913 BTR ENG GER GER ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Josef Alexander, Karl Boelter, John Alden Carpenter, Jonathan Harvey, Thomas Hastings, Wendy Hiscocks, David Leisner, John Fitz Rogers, Landon Ronald, Sir, Raymond Murray Schafer, Arthur Shepherd, Frank Ticheli, Gwyneth Walker, Thomas Wegren. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages:
- Also set in English, original text by Rabindranath Tagore (1861 - 1941) , no title, from Gitanjali, no. 57, published 1913 BTR FRE GER FRE by John Alden Carpenter, Josef Alexander, Karl Boelter, Jonathan Harvey, Thomas Hastings, Wendy Hiscocks, John Fitz Rogers, Landon Ronald, Sir, Raymond Murray Schafer, Raymond Murray Schafer, Arthur Shepherd, Frank Ticheli, Thomas Wegren, Gwyneth Walker.
- Also set in French (Français), a translation by André Gide (1869 - 1951) , no title, from Gitanjali (L'Offrande lyrique), published 1914 ENG BTR GER by Jean-Émile-Paul Cras, Gary Bachlund, Comolata Banerji, Alfred Désenclos, Louis Durey, Rolande Falcinelli.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Thomas Schubert (b. 1961) , title unknown, copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission ENG BTR FRE FRE by Thomas Schubert.
- Also set in Bangla Transliteration, [adaptation] by Cathy Bond Bauer, Raymond Murray Schafer.
Text added to the website: 2010-11-06.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:07
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works