Den grünen Zeigern
Language: German (Deutsch)
Den grünen Zeigern,
Den roten Wangen,
Den lustigen Geigern
Bin ich nachgegangen
Von Schenk' zu Schenk',
Solang' ich denk'.
Am Tschako jetz trag' ich
Die grünen Äste,
Rote Wangen, die schlag' ich
Den Feinden auf's Beste,
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "De groene wijzers", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Linda Godry) , "The indicating green branches", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Les pancartes vertes", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , "Ai verdi segnali", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:38
Line count: 12
Word count: 39
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Les pancartes vertes
Language: French (Français) after the German (Deutsch)
Les pancartes vertes,
Les joues rouges,
Les violonistes joyeux
Je les suivais
De taverne en taverne
Depuis aussi longtemps que je me souviens.
Comme shako je porte maintenant
Des branches vertes,
Les joues rouges, je les bats
Aux ennemis du mieux que je peux,
Le grondement du canon
Est la musique qui nous entoure.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2011 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2011-03-04.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:15
Line count: 12
Word count: 54