Language: German (Deutsch)
Von der Straße her ein Posthorn klingt.
Was hat es, daß es so hoch aufspringt,
Die Post bringt keinen Brief für dich:
Was drängst du denn so wunderlich,
Nun ja, die Post [kömmt]1 aus der Stadt,
Wo ich ein liebes Liebchen hatt',
Willst wohl einmal hinübersehn,
Und fragen, wie es dort mag gehn,
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG ENG FIN FRE FRI HEB ITA KOR SPA
List of language codes
View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Gedichte aus den hinterlassenen Papieren eines reisenden Waldhornisten. Herausgegeben von Wilhelm Müller. Zweites Bändchen. Deßau 1824. Bei Christian Georg Ackermann, page 85.
1 Schubert: "kommt"
Submitted by Ofer Sheinberg and Peter Rastl
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Reiner Bredemeyer (1929 - 1995), "Die Post", 1984, first performed 1985 [baritone, horn, and piano], from Die Winterreise, no. 6, VEB Deutscher Verlag [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Conradin Kreutzer (1780 - 1849), "Die Post", op. 76 (12 Lieder und Romanzen für 1 und 2 Singstimmen mit Pianoforte) no. 6, KWV. 9112 no. 6 [voice and piano], Leipzig, Kistner [ sung text not verified ]
- by Conradin Kreutzer (1780 - 1849), "Die Post", op. 82 (Drei Gesänge für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte und Violoncell) no. 2, KWV 9118 no. 2, published 1832 [voice, piano, cello], Leipzig, Kistner [ sung text not verified ]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Die Post", op. 89 no. 13, D. 911 no. 13 (1827), published 1828 [voice and piano], from Winterreise, no. 13, Haslinger [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by (Karl Gottfried) Wilhelm Taubert (1811 - 1891), "Die Post", op. 9 (Zwölf Lieder) no. 5, published 1832 [voice and piano], Berlin, Schlesinger [ sung text not verified ]
- by Richard Ferdinand Wüerst (1824 - 1881), "Die Post", op. 17 (Vier Lieder für Sopran, Alt, Tenor und Bass) no. 3, published 1851 [SATB chorus], Magdeburg, Heinrichshofen's Verlag [ sung text not verified ]
- by Johannes (Hans) Wolfgang Zender (b. 1936), "Die Post", 1993 [tenor and small orchestra], from Schuberts Winterreise, no. 13. [ sung text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "El correu", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "De post", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Arthur Rishi) , "The post", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English [singable] (David Paley) , "The post", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , "Posti", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , "Le courrier", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRI Frisian [singable] (Pieter Wiersma) , "De Post", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HEB Hebrew (עברית) (Max Mader) , "הדואר", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , "La posta", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- KOR Korean (한국어/조선말) [singable] (곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack) , "우편마차", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Saúl Botero Restrepo) , "El correo", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-11-21 13:41:41
Line count: 12
Word count: 61
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Korean (한국어/조선말) after the German (Deutsch)
우편 마차 나팔 소리에
왜 이렇게 두근거리나,
내게 올 편지 없-는데
왜 이렇게도 설레나,
마차가 떠나 온 곳에
그녀가 살고 있으니,
마을로 한번 돌아가
그녀 소식 알고 싶나,
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Korean (한국어/조선말) copyright © 2011 by 곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack. Contact:
<autumnguy (AT) gmail (DOT) com>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Wilhelm Müller (1794 - 1827), "Die Post", written 1823, appears in Gedichte aus den hinterlassenen Papieren eines reisenden Waldhornisten 2, in Die Winterreise, no. 6, first published 1824 CAT DUT ENG ENG FIN FRE FRI HEB ITA SPA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Reiner Bredemeyer, Conradin Kreutzer, Franz Peter Schubert, Wilhelm Taubert, Richard Ferdinand Wüerst, Johannes Wolfgang Zender. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2011-03-09.
Last modified: 2014-08-12 12:45:54
Line count: 12
Word count: 36