Language: German (Deutsch)
Es bellen die Hunde, es rascheln die Ketten;
[Die Menschen schnarchen]1 in ihren Betten,
Träumen sich manches, was sie nicht haben,
Tun sich im Guten und Argen erlaben;
Und morgen früh ist alles zerflossen.
Je nun, sie haben ihr Teil genossen
Und hoffen, was sie noch übrig ließen,
Doch wieder zu finden auf ihren Kissen.
Bellt mich nur fort, ihr wachen Hunde,
Laßt mich nicht ruh'n in der Schlummerstunde!
Ich bin zu Ende mit allen Träumen.
Was will ich unter den Schläfern säumen?
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG ENG FIN FRE FRI HEB ITA KOR SPA
List of language codes
View original text (without footnotes)
1 Schubert: "Es schlafen die Menschen"
Submitted by Ofer Sheinberg
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Reiner Bredemeyer (1929 - 1995), "Im Dorfe", 1984, first performed 1985 [baritone, horn, and piano], from Die Winterreise, no. 13, VEB Deutscher Verlag [
text verified 1 time]
- by Franz Peter Schubert (1797 - 1828), "Im Dorfe", op. 89 no. 17, D. 911 no. 17 (1827), published 1828 [voice and piano], from Winterreise, no. 17, Haslinger [
text verified 1 time]
- by Johannes (Hans) Wolfgang Zender (b. 1936), "Im Dorfe", 1993 [tenor and small orchestra], from Schuberts Winterreise, no. 17. [
text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Arthur Rishi) , title 1: "In the village", copyright ©, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- SPA Spanish (Español) (Saúl Botero Restrepo) , title 1: "En la aldea", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "In het dorp", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , title 1: "Nel paese", copyright © 2005, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , title 1: "Au village", copyright © 2008, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , title 1: "Al poble", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- KOR Korean (한국어/조선말) [singable] (곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack) , title 1: "마을에서", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRI Frisian [singable] (Pieter Wiersma) , title 1: "Yn 't Doarp", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English [singable] (David Paley) , title 1: "In the village", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HEB Hebrew (עברית) (Max Mader) , title 1: "בכפר", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) [singable] (Erkki Pullinen) , title 1: "Kylässä", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:42
Line count: 12
Word count: 83
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Korean (한국어/조선말) after the German (Deutsch)
개들 몹시 짖네, 사슬 쩔렁이며.
사람들은 곤히 잠들어 있네.
못 다한 일들, 꿈속에 펼쳐
좋은 일, 나쁜 일, 모두 이루네.
아침이 오면 잊혀 질 일들.
바로 지금, 즐거운 꿈 꾸고 난 뒤
아쉬워, 아쉬워, 그 꿈-의 발자국을
다시 찾아보네, 베개 위에서.
더 짖어라, 못된 개들아
나 잠시 쉬며 눈 못 붙이게!
내 모든 꿈이 다 끝난 지금
잠잘 곳 얻어서 무엇 하랴?
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Korean (한국어/조선말) copyright © 2011 by 곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
곽명규 Myung-Kew Kwack. Contact:
<autumnguy (AT) gmail (DOT) com>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2011-03-09.
Last modified: 2014-08-12 12:46:15
Line count: 12
Word count: 62