Language: French (Français) after the Russian (Русский)
Dors, mignon, près de ta mère!
Dodo fais dodo!
D'un regard la lune éclaire
Ton petit berceau.
Je commence mes histoires,
Et mes doux propos,
Cache bien tes yeux de moiré,
Dodo fais dodo!
Submitted by Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
- a text in Russian (Русский) by Mikhail Yur'yevich Lermontov (1814 - 1841), "Казачья колыбельная песня", first published 1838 ENG GER GER SWE GER GER
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Nikolai Nikolayevich Cherepnin, Aleksandr Tikhonovich Gretchaninov, Hermann John, Nikolai Yakovlevich Myaskovsky, Eduard Frantsevich Nápravník, Aleksandr Yegorovich Varlamov, Pauline Viardot-García. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Savino de Benedictis (1883 - 1971), "Berceuse", published 1964 [voice and piano], São Paulo: Ed. Ricordi Brasileira ; note: the original text's author is given in catalogs as "M. Lermontorf", which we assume here to be Mikhail Lermontov [
text not verified ]
- by Aleksandr Tikhonovich Gretchaninov (1864 - 1956), "Berceuse", op. 1 (Пять романсов (Pjat' romansov) = Cinq mélodies) no. 5, published 1894 [voice and piano], Leipzig, Belaieff, also set in Russian (Русский) [
text verified 1 time]
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in Russian (Русский), original text by Mikhail Yur'yevich Lermontov (1814 - 1841) , title 1: "Казачья колыбельная песня", published 1838 ENG SWE GER FRE GER by Aleksandr Tikhonovich Gretchaninov, Nikolai Yakovlevich Myaskovsky, Eduard Frantsevich Nápravník, Aleksandr Yegorovich Varlamov, Pauline Viardot-García, Hermann John, Nikolai Nikolayevich Cherepnin.
- Also set in Swedish (Svenska), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , title unknown [an adaptation] ENG GER FRE GER by Hugo Alfvén.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Friedrich Martin von Bodenstedt (1819 - 1892) , title 1: "Der Kosakin Wiegenlied" ENG SWE FRE by Leopold Damrosch, George Henschel, Ingeborg Bronsart von Schellendorf.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist , title unknown ENG SWE FRE by Hermann John.
Text added to the website: 2011-05-24.
Last modified: 2015-10-21 11:58:51
Line count: 8
Word count: 34
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works