Das war der Tag der weißen Chrysanthemen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Das war der Tag der weißen Chrysanthemen,
Mir bangte fast vor seiner Pracht...
Und dann, dann kamst du mir die Seele nehmen
Tief in der Nacht.
Mir war so bang, und du kamst lieb und leise,
Ich hatte grad im Traum an dich gedacht.
Du kamst, und leis' wie eine Märchenweise
Erklang die Nacht.
Translation(s): CAT ENG FRE ITA POR
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alban Maria Johannes Berg (1885 - 1935), "Traumgekrönt", 1907 [voice and piano], from Sieben frühe Lieder, no. 4, from Jugendlieder, Vol. II (1904-08), no. 73. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Leslie Crabtree (b. 1941), "Traumgekrönt", 2003. [voice and piano] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Robert Fürstenthal (1920 - 2016), "Der Tag der weissen Chrysanthemen" [voice and piano], from Spätlese III, no. 4, confirmed with a CD booklet [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Hans Hermann (1870 - 1931), "Das war der Tag der weissen Chrysanthemen", from Liederreihe, no. 9. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Robert Kahn (1865 - 1951), "Es war der Tag der weißen Chrysanthemen", op. 61 (Elf Lieder) no. 10 (1914), published 1914 [voice and piano], Berlin, Bote & Bock [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Hans Uwe Strübing (b. 1956), "Das war der Tag der weißen Chrysanthemen", op. 102 no. 2 (2009) [voice and piano], from „…zu jenem tiefsten Grunde des Tönens…“. 9 Lieder für Stimme und Klavier, no. 2. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Wim Zwaag (b. 1960), "Das war der Tag der weissen Chrysanthemen", 2007 [medium voice and piano], from 10 Songs on poems by Rainer Maria Rilke for Medium Voice and Piano, no. 6. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Coronat de somnis", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "Crowned by a dream", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Coronamento del sogno", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Elke Beatriz Riedel) , "Coroado em sonhos", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:47
Line count: 8
Word count: 54
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Coroado em sonhos
Language: Portuguese (Português) after the German (Deutsch)
Este foi o dia dos brancos crisântemos,
Eu quase que temia sua formosura...
E então, então tu vieste tomar a minha alma
Dentro da noite profunda.
Eu tinha tanto medo, e tu vieste doce e em silêncio,
Eu tinha acabado de pensar em ti, em sonhos,
Tu vieste, e como em uma canção de contos de fadas
Ressoava a noite.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Portuguese (Português) copyright © 2011 by Elke Beatriz Riedel, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2011-05-31.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:24
Line count: 8
Word count: 60