Im Arm der Liebe schliefen wir selig ein
Language: German (Deutsch)
Im Arm der Liebe schliefen wir selig ein,
Am offnen Fenster lauschte der Sommerwind,
Und unsrer Atemzüge Frieden
Trug er hinaus in die helle Mondnacht. --
Und aus dem Garten tastete zagend sich
Ein Rosenduft an unserer Liebe Bett
Und gab uns wundervolle Träume,
Träume des Rausches -- so reich an Sehnsucht!
Translation(s): CAT ENG ENG ENG FIN FRE ITA POR
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Arnold Edward Trevor Bax, Sir (1883 - 1953), "Liebesode" [voice and piano] [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Alban Maria Johannes Berg (1885 - 1935), "Liebesode", 1906 [voice and piano], from Sieben frühe Lieder, no. 6, from Jugendlieder, Vol. II (1904-08), no. 59. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Roland Bocquet (b. 1878), "Liebesode", op. 35 (4 Lieder) no. 1 (1913). [ sung text not verified ]
- by Joseph Marx (1882 - 1964), "Selige Nacht", 1912, published 1915 [voice and piano or orchestra], in Lieder und Gesänge, III. Folge, Nr.9 [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Max Reger (1873 - 1916), "In Arm der Liebe", op. 48 (Sieben Lieder) no. 3 (1900), published 1900 [medium voice and piano], München, Aibl Verlag [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Louis Victor Franz Saar (1868 - 1937), "Liebes-Ode", op. 54 no. 3. [voice and piano] [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by (Carl Theodor) Oskar Ulmer (1883 - 1966), "Liebesode", op. 27 (1920). [voice and piano] [ sung text not verified ]
- by Karl Weigl (1881 - 1949), "Liebesode", 1935-36 [alto and string quartet], from Drei Gesänge für Altstimme und Streichquartett, no. 2. [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "Oda d'amor", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , no title, copyright ©
- ENG English [singable] (Vally Weigl, née Pick) (Lydia Perera) , "Ode of Love"
- ENG English [singable] (M. W. Pursey) , "Blissful night"
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , "Oodi rakkaudelle", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Ode d'amore", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Elke Beatriz Riedel) , "Ode ao Amor", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:32
Line count: 8
Word count: 50
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Ode ao Amor
Language: Portuguese (Português) after the German (Deutsch)
Nos braços do amor adormecemos tranqüilos;
Pela janela aberta a brisa de verão nos ouvia,
Levando a paz da nossa respiração
Para longe, em direção ao claro luar.
E do jardim se esgueirava tímido
Um perfume de rosas em direção à nossa cama de amor
E nos oferecia sonhos maravilhosos,
Sonhos embevecidos, tão ricos de saudade.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Portuguese (Português) copyright © 2011 by Elke Beatriz Riedel, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Otto Erich Hartleben (1864 - 1905), no title, appears in Meine Verse 1883-1904 CAT ENG ENG ENG FIN FRE ITA
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Arnold Edward Trevor Bax, Sir, Alban Maria Johannes Berg, Roland Bocquet, Joseph Marx, Max Reger, Louis Victor Franz Saar, Oskar Ulmer, Karl Weigl. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2011-05-31 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:24
Line count: 8
Word count: 56