Language: German (Deutsch)
Still ist's, wo die Gräber sind
Nur bisweilen klagt der Wind
Bang und trübe.
Seh' die Schattenwelt auf Erden
Fühle alles spurlos werden
List of language codes
Submitted by Jeroen Scholten
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Alban Maria Johannes Berg (1885 - 1935), "Schattenleben", 1904-5 [voice and piano], from the collection Jugendlieder, Vol. I (1901-04), no. 19. [
text verified 1 time]
- by Alexander von Fielitz (1860 - 1930), "Schattenleben", op. 67 (Sechs Gedichte für 1 mittlere Stimme mit Pianofortebegleitung) no. 1, published 1897 [medium voice and piano], Magdeburg, Heinrichshofen Verlag [
text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Vie de fantôme", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2016-10-27 17:28:18
Line count: 8
Word count: 29
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Vie de fantôme
Language: French (Français) after the German (Deutsch)
C'est calme, là où est le tombe
De mon amour,
Seulement de temps en temps le vent gémit
Anxieux et morose.
Je vois le monde des ombres sur la terre
Tout autour s'évanouir.
Je sens tout disparaître sans laisser de trace
Et se dissiper.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2011 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in German (Deutsch) by Friedrich Hermann Frey (1839 - 1911), as Martin Greif, "Schattenleben", appears in Lieder
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Alban Maria Johannes Berg, Alexander von Fielitz. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2011-06-08.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:25
Line count: 8
Word count: 44