Language: Russian (Русский)
Скучай. Ты создана для скуки.
Без жгучих чувств отрады нет,
Как нет возврата без разлуки,
Как без боренья нет побед.
Скучай. Скучай, словам любви внимая
В тиши сердечной пустоты,
Приветом лживым отвечая
На правду девственной мечты.
Скучай, с рожденья до могилы
Заране путь начертан твой,
По капле ты истратишь силы,
Потом умрёшь - и Бог с тобой,
И Бог с тобой!
Translation(s): ENG FRE GER GER
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Show a transliteration: Default | DIN | GOST
Note on Transliterations
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sergey Rybin) , "Be bored", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Ennuie-toi", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Frieder Anders) , "Langeweile", copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , "Langeweile dich", copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:30
Line count: 13
Word count: 61
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: English after the Russian (Русский)
Be bored. You were created for boredom.
Without burning feelings there is no joy,
As there is no reunion without separation,
As without struggle there are no victories.
Be bored. Be bored listening to words of love,
Immersed in the stillness of your empty heart,
Responding with a fake greeting
To the truth of an innocent dream.
Be bored. From birth to the grave
Your path is written beforehand:
Drop by drop you'll waste your powers,
Then you'll die, and God be with you...
And God be with you!
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Russian (Русский) to English copyright © 2011 by Sergey Rybin, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2011-06-19 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:25
Line count: 13
Word count: 89