Ich bin dein Baum, o Gärtner, dessen...
Language: German (Deutsch)
Ich bin dein Baum, o Gärtner, dessen Treue
Mich hält in Liebespfleg' und süßer Zucht,
Komm, daß ich in den Schoß dir dankbar streue
Die reife, dir allein gewachs'ne Frucht.
Ich bin dein Gärtner, o du Baum der Treue!
Auf and'res Glück fühl ich nicht Eifersucht,
Die holden Äste find ich stets aufs Neue
Geschmückt mit Frucht, wo ich gepflückt die Frucht.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA POR
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Margo Briessinck
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by (Karl) Georg Göhler (1874 - 1954), "Baum und Gärtner", 1930 [vocal duet with piano], from Drei Duette, no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "Duett", op. 101 no. 3 (1849), published 1852 [duet for mezzo-soprano and baritone with and piano (or alto and bass with piano)], from Minnespiel, no. 3, Leipzig, Whistling [ sung text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Duet 'Ik ben je boom'", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "A due", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- POR Portuguese (Português) (Margarida Moreno) , "Sou a tua árvore, jardineiro", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:48
Line count: 8
Word count: 62
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Sou a tua árvore, jardineiro
Language: Portuguese (Português) after the German (Deutsch)
Sou a tua árvore, jardineiro, cuja fidelidade
Me sustém em cuidados amorosos e doce cultivo,
Vem, para que te espalhe no colo com gratidão
O fruto maduro que fiz crescer para ti.
Sou o teu jardineiro, ó árvore da fidelidade!
Não sinto ciúmes da felicidade dos outros,
Os graciosos ramos, encontro sempre de novo
Enfeitados de frutos, onde eu colhi os frutos.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Portuguese (Português) copyright © 2011 by Margarida Moreno, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Margarida Moreno. Contact:
<margaridabc (AT) mail (DOT) telepac (DOT) pt>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2011-07-16 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:28
Line count: 8
Word count: 62