Language: German (Deutsch)
Klavier und Geige, die ich wahrlich schätze
[ ... ]
List of language codes
This text may be protected by copyright under Canadian copyright law, so we will not display it until we obtain permission to do so or discover it is public-domain.
View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Hermann Hesse, Sämtliche Werke, herausgegeben von Volker Michels, Band 10 Die Gedichte, bearbeitet von Peter Huber, Frankfurt am Main: Suhrkamp Verlag, 2002, page 291.
1 Gromann: "Klavier und Geige weiß ich wohl zu schätzen, / Doch konnte ich mich"
2 Gromann: "Zwar"
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Leni Gromann , "Pfeifen", <<1948. [voice and piano] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Franz Krause (1889 - ?), "Pfeifen", op. 48 no. 12 [voice and piano], from Zwölf Gedichte von Hermann Hesse, no. 12. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Rudolf Mauersberger (1889 - 1971), "Pfeifen", published 1963 [four-part mixed chorus a cappella], from Drei weltliche Chöre a cappella nach Texten von Hermann Hesse und Wilhelm Busch, no. 1. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Othmar Schoeck (1886 - 1957), "Pfeifen", op. 44 (Zehn Lieder nach Gedichten von Hermann Hesse) no. 7 (1929), published 1931. [voice and piano] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Steffen (1923 - 1993), "Pfeifen", op. 19 no. 3, published 1963 [four-part mixed chorus, clarinet, violin, and piano], from Hermann Hesse-Zyklus, no. 3. [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Justus Hermann Wetzel (1879 - 1973), "Pfeifen" [voice and piano] [ sung text checked 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , "Whistling", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2018-10-09 18:07:35
Line count: 12
Word count: 94
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works