Meine Töne still und heiter
Language: German (Deutsch)
Meine Töne still und heiter,
Zu der Liebsten steigt hinan!
O daß ich auf eurer Leiter
Zu ihr auf nicht steigen kann.
Leget, o ihr süßen Töne,
An die Brust ihr meinen Schmerz,
Weil nicht will die strenge Schöne,
Daß ich ihr mich leg ans Herz.
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Sharon Krebs [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Christian Friedrich Ehrlich (1807 - 1887), "Meine Töne still und heiter", op. 17 no. 4, published 1837 [four-part men's chorus], from 6 Lieder für vierstimmigen Männergesang, no. 4, Magdeburg, Wagner und R. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Carl Evers (1819 - 1875), "Ständchen von Fr. Rückert", op. 27, published 1845, Wien, Mechetti [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Fr. Gnüge , "Meine Töne, still und heiter", op. 5 (Gesänge) no. 1, published 1839, Leipzig, Wunder [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by C. Hausmann , "Ständchen", published 1837, Magdeburg, Wagner und R. [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Robert Schumann (1810 - 1856), "Lied", op. 101 no. 1 (1849), published 1852 [tenor and piano], from Minnespiel, no. 1, Leipzig, Whistling
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Sharon Krebs) , copyright © 2009, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Canzone", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:48
Line count: 8
Word count: 46
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Calmo e sereno il mio canto
s'innalza verso il mio amore!
Potessi da quello guidato
anch'io verso di lei salire.
Oh musica dolce, vai e posa,
sul seno di lei, il mio dolore,
perché non vuole, la bella scontrosa,
che sia io a stringerla al cuore.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2011 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2011-09-10 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:34
Line count: 8
Word count: 46