Language: Norwegian (Bokmål)
De sidste gæster
vi fulgte til grinden;
I tifold öde
lå haven og huset,
Hvor toner söde
Mig nys berused.
Det var en fest kun
för natten den sorte;
Hun var en gæst kun, --
og nu er hun borte.
Translation(s): ENG FRE GER
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Nigel Parker) , title 1: "Gone", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , title 1: "Partie !", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- GER German (Deutsch) [singable] (Anonymous/Unidentified Artist) , title 1: "Geschieden"
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:35
Line count: 12
Word count: 43
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: French (Français) after the Norwegian (Bokmål)
Nous avons accompagné
les derniers hôtes à la grille ;
le vent de la nuit emporta
les bribes des au revoir.
La solitude était décuplée
sur la mer et dans la maison
où de doux échos
m'avaient tantôt grisé.
Ce n'était qu'une fête
avant la nuit noire ;
Elle n'était qu'une invitée,
et maintenant elle est loin.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Norwegian (Bokmål) to French (Français) copyright © 2012 by Pierre Mathé, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in Norwegian (Bokmål) by Henrik Ibsen (1828 - 1906), "Borte!", written 1871, appears in Digte ENG GER
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Eyvind Alnæs, Edvard Grieg, Kjell Habbestad. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2012-02-05.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:46
Line count: 12
Word count: 57