Language: Spanish (Español)
Duérmete, niño, duerme,
Duerme, mi alma,
De la mañana.
De la mañana.
Translation(s): ENG ENG FRE HUN IRI
List of language codes
Translator's note: in this context, "nana" is a lullaby. The "ita" ending in "nanita" is an affectionate diminutive.
Submitted by Arthur Rishi
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Claudia Landivar Cody) , title 1: "Nana", copyright © 2003, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Laura Claycomb) , title 1: "Lullaby", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Berceuse", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- HUN Hungarian (Magyar) (Zoltán Retkes) , title 1: "Altató", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- IRI Irish (Gaelic) [singable] (Gabriel Rosenstock) , title 1: "Seoithín seó", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:54
Line count: 8
Word count: 20
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: Hungarian (Magyar) after the Spanish (Español)
Aludjál csak kicsim, csak aludj,
Aludj csak lelkecském,
Aludjál csak kis csillagom
Aludjál hát kis csillagom
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Spanish (Español) to Hungarian (Magyar) copyright © 2012 by Zoltán Retkes, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you must ask the copyright-holder(s) directly for permission. If you receive no response, you must consider it a refusal.
Zoltán Retkes. Contact:
<tigris35711 (AT) gmail (DOT) com>
If you wish to commission a new translation, please contact:
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2012-02-07 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:46
Line count: 8
Word count: 22