I Seraillets Have
Language: Danish (Dansk)
Rosen sænker sit Hoved, tungt
Af Dug og Duft,
Og Pinjerne svaje saa tyst og mat
i lumre Luft.
Kilderne vælte det tunge Sølv
I døsig Ro,
Minareterne pege mod Himlen op
Og Halvmaanen driver saa jævnt afsted
Over det jævne Blaa,
Og den kysser Rosers og Liljers Flok,
Alle de Blomster smaa
I Seraillets Have,
I Seraillets Have.
Translation(s): ENG FRE GER GER GER GER GER SWE
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Frederick Delius (1862 - 1934), "I Seraillets Have", published 1897, from Seven Danish Songs, no. 4, also set in English, also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Carl Nielsen (1865 - 1931), "I seraillets have", op. 4 (Fem digte = 5 songs) no. 2, FS. 12 no. 2 (1891) [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Christian Sinding (1856 - 1941), "I Seraillets Have", op. 17 (Fem Sange = Fünf Lieder) no. 4 [voice and piano], also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Wilhelm (Vilhelm) Eugen Stenhammar (1871 - 1927), "I Seraillets Have" [ sung text checked 1 time]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Frederick Delius (1862 - 1934) FRE GER GER GER GER ; composed by Frederick Delius.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Stefan George (1868 - 1933) ENG FRE ; composed by Paul von Klenau.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Jelka Rosen (Delius) (1868 - 1935) ENG FRE ; composed by Frederick Delius.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Wilhelm Henzen (1850 - 1910) , "Im Serail, im Garten" ENG FRE ; composed by Christian Sinding.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG FRE ; composed by Louis Glass.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Robert Franz Arnold (originally Levisohn) (1872 - 1938) , "Im Garten des Serails" ENG FRE ; composed by Clemens Erwein Heinrich Karl Bonaventura Freiherr von und zu Franckenstein.
- Also set in Swedish (Svenska), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG FRE GER GER GER GER ; composed by Emil Sjögren.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:35
Line count: 14
Word count: 61
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works