Sitz' ich allein
Language: German (Deutsch)
Sitz' ich allein,
Wo kann ich besser sein?
Trink ich allein;
Niemand setzt mir Schranken,
Ich hab' so meine eignen Gedanken.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Marta Garcia Cadena) , "Sec sol", copyright © 2011, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "Zit ik alleen", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , "I sit alone", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Je suis assis, seul", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Amelia Maria Imbarrato) , "Se sto da solo", copyright © 2006, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:30
Line count: 6
Word count: 23
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Zit ik alleen
Language: Dutch (Nederlands) after the German (Deutsch)
Zit ik alleen,
Waar kan ik beter zijn?
Ook mijn wijn
Drink ik alleen;
'k Hoef geen grenzen te achten,
Ik heb zo mijn eigen gedachten.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Singable translation from German (Deutsch) to Dutch (Nederlands) copyright © 2012 by Lau Kanen, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2012-06-18.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:04:57
Line count: 6
Word count: 26