Language: German (Deutsch)
Mir ist so weh ums Herz,
Mir ist, als ob ich weinen möchte
Möcht' ich das Haupt hinlegen
in die Nacht der Nächte!
Translation(s): DUT ENG FRE
List of language codes
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Schwermut", op. 58 (Acht Lieder und Gesänge) no. 5 (1871), published 1872 [voice and piano], Leipzig, Rieter-Biedermann [
text verified 1 time]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Melancholy", copyright ©
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Mélancolie", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Zwaarmoedigheid", copyright © 2014, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:23
Line count: 7
Word count: 28
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: French (Français) after the German (Deutsch)
Mon cœur est si douloureux,
Il me semble que je veux pleurer
De douleur !
Saturé de pensées
Et las de la vie,
Je voudrais poser ma tête
Dans cette nuit des nuits !
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2012 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2012-09-01.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:02
Line count: 7
Word count: 34