Schwarzer Wald, dein Schatten ist so...
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Serbian (Српски)
Schwarzer Wald, dein Schatten ist so düster!
Armes Herz, dein Leiden ist so drückend!
Was dir einzig wert, es steht vor Augen;
ewig untersagt ist Huldvereinung.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FIN FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Johannes Brahms (1833 - 1897), "Schwarzer Wald, dein Schatten ist so düster!", op. 65 no. 12 (1875), published 1875 [vocal quartet and piano four-hands or instrumental ensemble], from Neue Liebeslieder, no. 12, Berlin, Simrock [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Emil Sulzbach (1885 - 1932), "Schmerzliche Nähe", op. 5 (Vier Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 1, published 1878 [voice and piano], Offenbach, André [ sung text not verified ]
Available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Emily Ezust) , title 1: "Dark forest, your shade is so gloomy", copyright ©
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Pierre Mathé) , copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , title 1: "Nera foresta, la tua ombra", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FIN Finnish (Suomi) (Erkki Pullinen) , copyright © 2017, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:25
Line count: 4
Word count: 26
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Nera foresta, la tua ombra
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Nera foresta, la tua ombra è così scura!
Povero cuore, la tua pena è così opprimente!
L'unica cosa che conta per te sta davanti ai tuoi occhi;
ma ti è vietata la gioia di un' unione.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2012 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2012-09-24.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:03
Line count: 4
Word count: 36