Meine Thränen im Bußegewand
Language: German (Deutsch)
Meine Thränen im [Bußegewand]1
Die Wallfahrt haben
Zur Kaaba der Schönheit angetreten.
In der Wüste brennendem Sand
Sind sie begraben,
Nicht hingelangten sie anzubeten.
Translation(s): CAT DUT ENG FRE ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
View original text (without footnotes)
Confirmed with Oestliche Rosen von Friedrich Rückert. Drei Lesen. Leipzig: F. A. Brockhaus. 1822, page 369.
1 Schubert: "Bußgewand"
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator] and Peter Rastl [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- CAT Catalan (Català) (Salvador Pila) , "El pelegrinatge", copyright © 2018, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) [singable] (Lau Kanen) , "De pelgrimage", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ENG English (Laura Prichard) , "The pilgrimage", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , "Le pèlerinage", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Il pellegrinaggio", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2017-11-10 07:20:52
Line count: 6
Word count: 24
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Language: French (Français) after the German (Deutsch)
En larmes, dans ma robe de pénitent,
J'ai commencé le pèlerinage
au temple de la beauté ;
Dans le sable brûlant du désert
Elles sont enterrées,
elles n'ont pas pu arriver à l'adoration.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to French (Français) copyright © 2012 by Guy Laffaille, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2012-11-13.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:05
Line count: 6
Word count: 33