Если жизнь тебя обманет
Language: Russian (Русский)
Если жизнь тебя обманет,
Не печалься, не сердись,
В день уныния смирись:
День веселья верь, настанет.
Сердце в будущем живёт;
Всё мгновенно, всё пройдёт;
Что пройдёт, то будет мило.
Translation(s): ENG GER
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Emily Ezust [Administrator]
Show a transliteration: Default | DIN | GOST
Note on Transliterations
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Aliabev (1787 - 1851), "Если жизнь тебя обманет", published 1829. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by César Antonovich Cui (1835 - 1918), "Если жизнь тебя обманет", op. 57 (Двадцать пять стихотворении Пушкина = Dvadcat' pjat' stikhotvorenii Pushkina (25 Poems of Pushkin)) no. 2. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Reinhold Moritzevich Glière (1875 - 1956), "Если жизнь тебя обманет", op. 12 no. 1. [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by Nikolai Karlovich Medtner (1880 - 1951), "Если жизнь тебя обманет", op. 61 (Acht Lieder = Vosem' Pesen) no. 4, also set in German (Deutsch) [ sung text verified 1 time]
- by S. Razorenov , "Если жизнь тебя обманет" [ sung text not verified ]
- by Dmitri Nikolaevich Smirnov (b. 1948), "Если жизнь тебя обманет", op. 19a (Dva stikhotvorenija Aleksandra Pushkina) no. 2, published 1976. [voice and piano] [ sung text verified 1 time]
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by L. Weinhold ENG by Nikolai Karlovich Medtner.
Other available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English (Lyle Neff) , title 1: "If life deceives you", copyright © 2012, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website between May 1995 and September 2003.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:01:46
Line count: 8
Word count: 31
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
If life deceives you
Language: English after the Russian (Русский)
If life deceives you,
Do not mourn, do not be angry,
On the day of dismay, resign youself:
Believe a day of merriment will come.
The heart lives in the future;
The present is dismal;
All things are momentary, all things will pass;
What will pass will be nice.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from Russian (Русский) to English copyright © 2012 by Lyle Neff, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
- a text in Russian (Русский) by Aleksandr Sergeyevich Pushkin (1799 - 1837), no title, 1825, first published 1825 GER
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Aleksandr Aleksandrovich Aliabev, César Antonovich Cui, Reinhold Moritzevich Glière, Nikolai Karlovich Medtner, S. Razorenov, Dmitri Nikolaevich Smirnov. Go to the text.
Text added to the website: 2012-12-12.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:06
Line count: 8
Word count: 49