Language: Italian (Italiano) after the French (Français)
[--- This text is not currently
in the database but will be added
as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- a text in French (Français) by Pierre-Jules-Théophile Gautier (1811 - 1872), "Les papillons", written 1837, appears in La Comédie de la Mort, first published 1838 CZE ENG GER
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Max Arham, Zacharie Astruc, Edmond Berger, Jacques Bouhy, Louis-Albert Bourgault-Ducoudray, Émile Bourgeois, A. Bourlant-Ladam, Otto Bouwens van der Boijen, Charles-Samuel Bovy-Lysberg, Gaston Carraud, Cécile Chaminade, Ernest Amédée Chausson, Antony Choudens, Marie Damaschino, as Mario Foscarina, Alfredo D'Ambrosio, Claude Achille Debussy, Joseph Depret, Victor Dolmetsch, Alban Dorcy, Eugène Ébaudy de Fresne, as Jean Michaëli, Georges Flé, Achille Fould, Baron, Charles Gallois, Benjamin Louis Paul Godard, Marie Félicie Clémence de Reiset, Vicomtesse de Grandval, Louis Graziani, Comte, Serge Gut, Émile Jaques-Dalcroze, Léon Jouret, Gustave Kéfer, Guy de Kervéguen, Vicomte, Henri Kowalski, Théodore Lack, Adam Laussel, dit Adam-Laussel, Robert Le Grand, Omer Létourneau, Jacques Marsyas, Theophile-Jules-Henri Marzials, Anna Naze, Émile Paladilhe, Georges-Louis Pantillon, Édouard Pascal, Felipe Pedrell, Émile Pessard, Jules Philipot, Henry Hugo Pierson, Jean-Théodore Radoux, Jules Regnaud, Albert Renaud, José Paulino Rolón Alcaraz, Mathilde, Baroness Willy de Rothschild, Gaston Sarreau, Arthur de Sinéty, Comte, Arthur Goring Thomas, Fernand de la Tombelle, Francesco Paolo Tosti, Louis Vierne, Anselm Vinée, Jacques-Michel Zoubaloff. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation possibly by Paul England GER ; composed by Percy Reeve.
- Also set in English, a translation by H. D. Banning GER ; composed by Arturo Luzzatti.
- Also set in English, a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist GER ; composed by Bainbridge Crist.
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Karl Vollheim , "Ein Wunsch" ENG ; composed by Gustav Hasse.
- Also set in Italian (Italiano), a translation by Angelo Zanardini (1820 - 1893) ENG GER ; composed by Ettore Perosio, Francesco Paolo Tosti.
Text added to the website: 2013-03-13 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:09
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works