Da pacem Domine
Da pacem Domine,
in diebus nostris
Quia non est alius
Qui pugnet pro nobis
Nisi tu Deus noster.
Translation(s): DUT FRE GER GER
List of language codes
Submitted by Guy Laffaille [Guest Editor]
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Martin Luther (1483 - 1546) DUT FRE by Heinrich Schütz, Hans Michael Schletterer, Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy.
Other available translations, adaptations, and transliterations (if applicable):
- DUT Dutch (Nederlands) (Lau Kanen) , title 1: "Geef vrede, Heer"
- GER German (Deutsch) (Bertram Kottmann) , title 1: "Schaff' Frieden, Herr", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- FRE French (Français) (Guy Laffaille) , title 1: "Seigneur donne la paix", copyright © 2015, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2008-08-26.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:52
Line count: 5
Word count: 18
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Geef vrede, Heer
Language: Dutch (Nederlands) after the Latin
Geef vrede, Heer,
in onze dagen,
want er is geen ander
die voor ons strijden wil
dan Gij, onze God.
- Translation from Latin to Dutch (Nederlands) by Lau Kanen
Text added to the website: 2013-03-18.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:09
Line count: 5
Word count: 20