Schläft ein Lied in allen Dingen
Language: German (Deutsch)
Schläft ein Lied in allen Dingen,
Die da träumen fort und fort.
Und die Welt hebt an zu singen,
Triffst du nur das Zauberwort.
Translation(s): ENG ENG ITA
List of language codes
About the headline (FAQ)
Submitted by Linda Godry
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Wolfgang Fortner (1907 - 1987), "Schläft ein Lied in allen Dingen" [mixed chorus], from Sprüche von Joseph von Eichendorff, no. 7 [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Wolfgang Fortner (1907 - 1987), "Wünschelrute", 1970/80 [voice and piano], from Lieder aus dem Nachlass, no. 9, Schott Music [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Hermann Große-Schware (b. 1931), "Wünschelrute" [chorus] [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Ferdinand von Hiller (1811 - 1885), "Wünschelruthe", op. 165 (Acht Gesänge für S., A., T. und B. ohne Begleitung) no. 5, published 1874 [SATB chorus a cappella], Leipzig, Siegel [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
- by Thomas Schubert (b. 1961), "Wünschelrute" [medium voice and piano], from Schläft ein Lied in allen Dingen : Drei Eichendorff-Lieder für mittlere Stimme und Klavier, no. 3 [ sung text checked 1 time]
- by Rudi Spring (b. 1962), "Wünschelrute", op. 92 no. 7 (2013) [baritone and piano], from Wünschelrute. Liederzyklus für Bariton und Klavier , no. 7 [ sung text not yet checked against a primary source]
This text (or a part of it) is used in a work
- by Rudi Spring (b. 1962), "Wunderspiegel", op. 92a (2014), first performed 2014 [mezzosoprano, horn and piano]
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in English, a translation by Bertram Kottmann , "Incantation", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission ITA ; composed by Gary Bachlund.
Other available translations, adaptations or excerpts, and transliterations (if applicable):
- ENG English [singable] (Walter A. Aue) , "Magic wand", copyright © 2010, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
- ITA Italian (Italiano) (Ferdinando Albeggiani) , "Dorme in ogni cosa un canto", copyright © 2013, (re)printed on this website with kind permission
Text added to the website: 2008-06-04 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:02:43
Line count: 4
Word count: 24
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Dorme in ogni cosa un canto
Language: Italian (Italiano) after the German (Deutsch)
Dorme in ogni cosa un canto,
che perdura come in sogno,
ed anche il mondo inizia a cantare,
se la parola magica tu sai trovare.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The material directly above is protected by copyright and appears here by special permission. If you wish to copy it and distribute it, you must obtain permission or you will be breaking the law. Once you have permission, you must give credit to the author and display the copyright symbol ©. Copyright infringement is a criminal offense under international law.
- Translation from German (Deutsch) to Italian (Italiano) copyright © 2013 by Ferdinando Albeggiani, (re)printed on this website with kind permission. To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Text added to the website: 2013-03-25 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:09
Line count: 4
Word count: 25