Lied der Zigeunerin
Language: German (Deutsch) after the Russian (Русский)
Dort im Dickicht lodern Flammen
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- Singable translation by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in Russian (Русский) by Yakov Petrovich Polonsky (1819 - 1898), "Песнь Цыганки", first published 1853 ENG FRE
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Aleksandr Georgevich Flyarovsky, Goffman, Grigory Andreyevich Lishin, Nikolai Karlovich Medtner, F. Sadovsky, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840 - 1893), "Lied der Zigeunerin", op. 60 (Двенадцать романсов = Dvenadcat' romansov (Twelve romances) = Zwölf Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianofortebleitung) no. 7, published 1887 [voice and piano], Berlin, Bote & Bock, also set in Russian (Русский)
Settings in other languages or adaptations:
- Also set in Russian (Русский), original text by Yakov Petrovich Polonsky (1819 - 1898) , title 1: "Песнь Цыганки", published 1853 ENG GER GER by Aleksandr Georgevich Flyarovsky, Goffman, Grigory Andreyevich Lishin, Nikolai Karlovich Medtner, F. Sadovsky, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
Text added to the website: 2013-07-03.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:15
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works