Language: German (Deutsch) after the French (Français)
Ach, wüsstest du, wie thränenbitter
. . . . . . . . . .
[--- The rest of this text is not
currently in the database but will be
added as soon as we obtain it. ---]
- by Anonymous / Unidentified Author
- a text in French (Français) by René-François Sully-Prudhomme (1839 - 1907), "Prière", written 1872, appears in Les vaines tendresses, no. 2, Paris, Éd. Alphonse Lemerre, first published 1875 ENG RUS RUS
- This text was set to music by the following composer(s): Giulio Alary, François Berthet, André Devaere, Théodore Dubois, Simone Féjard, Charles Gounod, Henriëtte Jacoba van Heukelom - van den Brandeler, Edmond Hippeau, Jean Mein, Napoléon-Henri Reber, Giovanni Sgambati, Francesco Paolo Tosti, Theodor H. H. Verhey, Johann Vesque von Püttlingen, Maude Valérie White. Go to the text.
Musical settings (art songs, Lieder, mélodies, (etc.), choral pieces, and other vocal works set to this text), listed by composer (not necessarily exhaustive)
- by Eugen Hildach (1849 - 1924), "Bitte", op. 20 (Fünf Lieder für 1 Singstimme mit Pianoforte) no. 5, published 1896 [voice and piano], Magdeburg, Heinrichshofen Verlag
Settings in other languages, adaptations, or excerpts:
- Also set in German (Deutsch), a translation by Anonymous/Unidentified Artist ENG RUS RUS ; composed by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
- Also set in Russian (Русский), a translation by Aleksey Nikolayevich Pleshcheyev (1825 - 1893) , written 1883, first published 1884 ENG ; composed by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.
Text added to the website: 2013-08-01 00:00:00.
Last modified: 2014-06-16 10:05:17
Line count: 0
Word count: 0
This website began in 1995 as a personal project, and I have been working
on it full-time without a salary since 2008. Our research has
never had any government or institutional funding, so if you
the information here useful, please consider making a donation. Your gift is greatly appreciated.
- Emily Ezust
Browse imslp.org (Petrucci Music Library) for Lieder or choral works