You can help us modernize! The present website has been online for a very long time and we want to bring it up to date. As of May 6, we are $2,380 away from our goal of $15,000 to fund the project. The fully redesigned site will be better for mobile, easier to read and navigate, and ready for the next decade. Please give today
to join dozens of other supporters in making this important overhaul possible!
Much of our material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
Printing texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information
, contact us at the following address:
Please read the instructions below the translations before writing!
In your e-mail, always include the names of the translators if you wish to reprint something.
Submissions by Justman, David Jonathan
( 21 items: 3 texts and 18 translations )
To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Texts and Translations
- Je prends la plume pour vous donner; title: "La lettre du Jardinier"
- I'm taking up the pen; title: "The Gardener's Letter" [translation]
- In that happy time when my young innocence; title: "To a lady" [translation]
- Day pushes night before it; title: "To Cupid" [translation]
- There is an air for which I would give; title: "Fantasy" [translation]
- Beautiful bride; title: "Gothic song" [translation]
- Where are our sweethearts; title: "The Cydalises" [translation]
- Already, pleasant days - the dust; title: "April" [translation]
- She passed, the girl; title: "An alley in the Luxembourg Gardens" [translation]
- I goe before my darling; title: "I goe before my darling"
- In the Spring the Bird is born and sings; title: "In the woods" [translation]
- Ye sacred Muses, race of Jove; title: "Ye sacred Muses"
- His well-formed head; title: "Belaud, my little gray cat!" [translation]
- Oh weak spirit, weighed down by so many troubles; title: "O weak spirit" [translation]
- True love is born from the first look; title: "True love" [translation]
- It is my fire, it is my rope; title: "On His Suffering, and the Beauties of His Lady" [translation]
- Night is short for me, and day lasts too long; title: "Night is short for me" [translation]
- The cold and somber night; title: "The cold and somber night" [translation]
- To you, light troop; title: "From a winnower of wheat to the winds" [translation]
- Mister Raven, perched on a tree; title: "The Raven and the Fox" [translation]
- The right of the stronger... is always better; title: "The wolf and the lamb" [translation]