Much of our material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
Printing texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information
, contact us at the following address:
Please read the instructions below the translations before writing!
In your e-mail, always include the names of the translators if you wish to reprint something.
Submissions by Perrin, T. P. (Peter)
( 89 items: 53 texts and 36 translations )
To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Translations of entire song cycles (alphabetic order):
Texts and Translations
- A pine-tree standeth lonely
- When adversity's tempest roars aloft; title: "Consolation in song" [translation]
- I am an earth-borne pilgrim; title: "Pilgrim's song" [translation]
- The breakers swarm against the shore; title: "Sailor's parting song" [translation]
- Will Hector tear himself from me forever; title: "Hector's leave-taking" [translation]
- It is roaring and howling; title: "It is roaring and howling" [translation]
- At last I hold you in an embrace [translation]
- At the crossroads he was buried [translation]
- De Shanghai chicken when you put him in de pit; title: "Don't bet your money on de Shanghai"
- Oh! ladies don't you blush; title: "Way Down in Ca-i-ro"
- Once I could laugh and play; title: "Down among the cane brakes"
- I'm thinking of sweet Lena Clare; title: "Gentle Lena Clare"
- De Glendy Burk is a mighty fast boat; title: "The Glendy Burk"
- The land of my home is flitting; title: "Maggie by my side"
- Round de meadows am a ringing; title: "Massa's in de cold ground"
- Nelly Bly! Nelly Bly!; title: "Nelly Bly"
- I'm nothing but a plain old soldier
- Gone are the days when my heart was young and gay; title: "Old Black Joe"
- The morn of life is past; title: "Old Dog Tray"
- Dere was an old nigga dey calld him Uncle Ned; title: "Old Uncle Ned"
- De time is nebber dreary; title: "Ring, ring de banjo"
- Some folks like to sigh; title: "Some folks"
- As you've walked through the town on a fine summer's day; title: "The song of all songs"
- I long for thee; must I long and long in vain?; title: "Thou art the queen of my song"
- There are voices of hope that are borne on the air; title: "Better times are coming"
- The village bells are ringing; title: "The village maiden"
- Endless night; title: "Endless night" [translation]
- When she first appeared I felt; title: "When she first appeared" [translation]
- Warmth, beguiling, lured me; title: "The rose" [translation]
- On his golden throne; title: "Song's ending" [translation]
- See how white the moon; title: "See how white the moon" [translation]
- Remember, my beloved; title: "Remember, my beloved" [translation]
- As soon as day begins to dawn; title: "As soon as day begins to dawn" [translation]
- Do you hear how the woods; title: "The imprisoned singers" [translation]
- Now heaven and earth keep silent, and the winds; title: "Sonnet 3" [translation]
- Deep in the earth there lies an ancient law; title: "Treasure-hunter's plea" [translation]
- How different, Gretchen, it once was [translation]
- Tra li la rá ra tra ri la; title: "A Menina e a Cançao"
- La la la ly ah! La la la y ô!; title: "Sertaneja"
- Will transformation. O, be keen for the fires [translation]
- But you, immortal, your music forever speaking [translation]
- The dory creaks, cypresses whisper; title: "Journey to Hades" [translation]
- You make me alone. Only you can I recast; title: "You make me alone" [translation]
- Evening, you bring back all; title: "Evening" [translation]
- O my Gongola, I beg you; title: "O my Gongola" [translation]
- Tender Adonis is dying, O Cytherea; title: "Tender Adonis is dying" [translation]
- The moon shone at the full; title: "The moon shone at the full" [translation]
- And the Cretan girls began on light feet, harmoniously [translation]
- For a long time I have talked with Aphrodite in dreams; title: "For a long time" [translation]
- For many thousand ages
- The earth is so fair and the heavens so blue
- The Lotus-flower doth languish
- The violets blue of the eyes divine
- Say, where is the maiden sweet
- My darling, we sat together
- I gazed upon her picture
- In the Rhine, in the beautiful River
- Open your arms to me
- High to the altar of sacrifice
- I should like to dance
- There is no greater pleasure; title: "There is no greater pleasure" [translation]
- Night, a grey sky, a ghostly sea; title: "On the beach"
- The wind is rising on the sea; title: "Before the squall"
- O is it death or life that sounds; title: "Requies"
- Into the streets May First!; title: "Into the streets May First"
- Come here, little son, and I will; title: "Toys"
- The Owl is abroad; title: "The Owl Is Abroad"
- Earnest, earthless, equal, attuneable, ' vaulty, voluminous, … stupendous; title: "Spelt from Sibyl's Leaves"
- Cloud-puffball, torn tufts, tossed pillows / flaunt forth, then chevy on an air; title: "That Nature Is a Heraclitean Fire and of the Comfort of the Resurrection"
- My Love is gone to Sea; title: "My Love is gone to Sea"
- Beneath a weeping willow's shade; title: "Beneath a weeping willow's shade"
- See, down Maria's blushing cheek; title: "See, down Maria's blushing cheek"
- O'er the Hills far away, at the Birth of the Morn; title: "O'er the Hills far away"
- Give me thy heart as I give mine; title: "Give me thy heart"
- Enraptur'd I gaze when my Delia is by; title: "Enraptur'd I gaze"
- In the town of Braddock, Pennsylvania; title: "The Strange Funeral in Braddock"
- Summer ended, harvest o'er; title: "Song for Harvest Season"
- The hour of ruin is begun; title: "Sunset"
- Anchor your flight, o winging birds; title: "Rest"
- A sharp, where you'd expect a natural
- Hark! from the pit a fearsome sound
- Who wrote this fiendish "Rite of Spring"?
- The man who rightly acts without coercion; title: "Fragment from Aeschylus" [translation]
- Passion throngs all lanes and byways; title: "Passion throngs all lanes and byways" [translation]
- He shakes the hook, he jerks the lure; title: "How Ulfru fishes" [translation]
- The woods exhort, the stream calls clear; title: "Lullaby" [translation]
- A feast we'll hold, immortal sons and daughters,"; title: "Urania's Flight" [translation]
- Dirgelike hunting calls are sounding; title: "Solace" [translation]
- Which way, O Helios? To sink my fire; title: "Free fall" [translation]