You can help us modernize! The present website has been online for a very long time and we want to bring it up to date. As of May 6, we are $2,380 away from our goal of $15,000 to fund the project. The fully redesigned site will be better for mobile, easier to read and navigate, and ready for the next decade. Please give today
to join dozens of other supporters in making this important overhaul possible!
Much of our material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
Printing texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information
, contact us at the following address:
Please read the instructions below the translations before writing!
In your e-mail, always include the names of the translators if you wish to reprint something.
Submissions by Thuris, Shawn
( 1 text and 25 translations )
To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Translations of entire song cycles (alphabetic order):
Texts and Translations
- Isn't it so? We shall go, happy yet slow [translation]
- Christ is risen"; title: "Christ is risen" [translation]
- A saint within her halo; title: "A saint enhaloed" [translation]
- To the very dear one, the very lovely one; title: "Hymn" [translation]
- Winter has ended: the light is soft; title: "Winter has ended" [translation]
- My city, my lovely city; title: "Zaide" [translation]
- 'Twas down in yon valley a fair maid did dwell; title: "The Lost Lady found"
- The hatmaker is surprised to note; title: "The hatmaker" [translation]
- The frog/ Of the barrel game; title: "The bronze statue" [translation]
- This is the song of the brown islands; title: "Song of the Brown Islands" [translation]
- Upon the blue, deep water; title: "The sailors" [translation]
- Tell me, Dapheneo, what is that tree; title: "Dapheneo" [translation]
- The soul of man; title: "Song of the spirits over the waters" [translation]
- Ring!/ My soul gives forth a pure sound; title: "Ring!" [translation]
- Repairman crippled with old automobiles; title: "Finale" [translation]
- Do you hear it in the heather?; title: "The Danish huntsman" [translation]
- The sea is endless and my dreams are mad; title: "The sea is endless" [translation]
- I am embarked on a ship that dances; title: "I am embarked" [translation]
- Diana, Selena, moon of lovely metal; title: "Diana, Selena" [translation]
- What comes from the mountain at midnight so late; title: "The spirits on Lake Mummel" [translation]
- I have crossed the bridges of Cé; title: "C" [translation]
- The soul of a flute sighs; title: "Arpeggio" [translation]
- In a sleep charmed by your image; title: "After a dream" [translation]
- On a freshly-whittled walking stick [translation]
- Very early, oh, long before day [translation]
- Ships, we have loved you to no purpose [translation]