You can help us modernize! The present website has been online for a very long time and we want to bring it up to date. As of May 6, we are $2,380 away from our goal of $15,000 to fund the project. The fully redesigned site will be better for mobile, easier to read and navigate, and ready for the next decade. Please give today
to join dozens of other supporters in making this important overhaul possible!
Much of our material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
Printing texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information
, contact us at the following address:
Please read the instructions below the translations before writing!
In your e-mail, always include the names of the translators if you wish to reprint something.
Submissions by Ward, Marvin J.
( 26 items: 12 texts and 14 translations )
To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Translations of entire song cycles (alphabetic order):
Texts and Translations
- Nose to the wind, light-hearted; title: "Song" [translation]
- Eau pure du bassin, miroir immobile; title: "L'eau pure du bassin"
- Comme nous l'aimions toutes les deux; title: "La partie d'osselets"
- Pure water of the basin, motionless mirror; title: "The pure water of the basin" [translation]
- Since we both love him; title: "The Game of Jacks" [translation]
- Une femme s'enveloppe de laine blanche; title: "Bilitis"
- Night is ending. The stars are fading away; title: "The Morning Rain" [translation]
- One woman envelops herself in white wool; title: "Bilitis" [translation]
- Dès que la nuit monte au ciel
- Bergeronnette, oiseau de Kypris, chante; title: "Les Comparaisons"
- As soon as the night climbs up into the sky [translation]
- Little Sparrow, bird of Kypris, sing with our first desires! The; title: "Comparisons" [translation]
- Elles dansaient l'une devant l'autre; title: "Le Souvenir de Mnasidika"
- Je suis aimée des petits enfants; dès qu'ils; title: "Les contes"
- They danced one in front of the other; title: "The Memory of Mnasidika" [translation]
- I am beloved of the little children; title: "The tales" [translation]
- Mnasidika m'ayant prise par la main; title: "Le tombeau sans nom"
- Il faut chanter un chant pastoral, invoquer; title: "Chant pastoral"
- Mnasidika having taken me by the hand; title: "The Nameless Tomb" [translation]
- We must sing a pastoral song, invoke Pan; title: "Pastoral Song" [translation]
- Tu attaches à tes mains légères; title: "La Danseuse aux crotales"
- You attach to your light hands; title: "The Dancer With Krotales" [translation]
- Je suis allée avec Plango; title: "Les Courtisanes égyptiennes"
- I went with Plango; title: "The Egyptian Courtesans" [translation]
- «Ombre du bois où elle devait venir, dis-moi
- Shade of the woods where she was to come; title: "Song" [translation]