You can help us modernize! The present website has been online for a very long time and we want to bring it up to date. As of April 20, we are $4,600 away from our goal of $15,000 to fund the project. The fully redesigned site will be better for mobile, easier to read and navigate, and ready for the next decade. Please give today
and join dozens of other supporters in making this important renovation possible!
WARNING. Not all the material on this website is in the public domain.
It is illegal
to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
For more information, contact us at the following address:
Submissions by Witkowski, Brian Charles
( 25 items: 21 texts and 4 translations )
To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Texts and Translations
- Encantadora Maria; title: "Encantadora Maria"
- Yo soy tu paloma blanca; title: "La paloma blanca"
- Black Eye, the incendiary; title: "Black Eye, the incendiary" [translation]
- Never a swallow wets his wing; title: "Lavender Pond"
- For three days Nina; title: "Nina" [translation]
- O Shenandoah, I hear you calling; title: "Shenandoah"
- Exact to appointment I went to the grove; title: "False Phillis"
- Ship ahoy! Yo-ho!; title: "The Jolly Roger"
- Blow high, blow low, let tempests tear; title: "Blow High, Blow Low"
- On his deathbed poor Lubin lies; title: "A reasonable affliction"
- I give you now Professor Twist; title: "The purist"
- They go, the little ducks [translation]
- Away to the call of the racing sea; title: "Child of the Flowing Tide"
- Salvation belongeth unto the Lord; title: "Salvation belongeth unto the Lord"
- Then, then shall the King; title: "Come, ye blessed"
- Create in me a clean heart, o God; title: "Create in me a clean heart, o God"
- The King of love my shepherd is
- I am a rovin' gambler; title: "The Rovin' Gambler"
- Bois épais, redouble ton ombre; title: "Bois épais"
- Deep woods, increase your shade; title: "Deep woods" [translation]
- All we've been given by those who came before; title: "American Anthem"
- If/ I were sure; title: "Ballad"
- I am the Friar of Orders gray; title: "The Friar of Orders Grey"
- There's a noise of galloping over the hill; title: "Tally Ho!"
- Il est au loin une colline; title: "Le Calvaire"