You can help us modernize! The present website has been online for a very long time and we want to bring it up to date. As of April 20, we are $4,600 away from our goal of $15,000 to fund the project. The fully redesigned site will be better for mobile, easier to read and navigate, and ready for the next decade. Please give today
and join dozens of other supporters in making this important renovation possible!
WARNING. Not all the material on this website is in the public domain.
It is illegal
to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
For more information, contact us at the following address:
Submissions by Cole, Amanda
( 18 items: 8 texts and 10 translations )
To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Texts and Translations
- Captivated by the rose, the nightingale [translation]
- O meu filho é pequenino:; title: "Embalando o menino"
- My son is tiny:; title: "Rocking the baby" [translation]
- Esta moda é lá da serra; title: "Modas da serra"
- This song comes from the mountain; title: "Mountain songs" [translation]
- O tempo das romarias; title: "A primeira romaria"
- The time of the pilgrimages; title: "The first pilgrimage" [translation]
- Em tempos de homens gigantes; title: "A manhã de serração"
- In the times of the giant men; title: "The foggy morning" [translation]
- Meu filho, levou-mo Deus..; title: "O Natal do Céu"
- My son, God took him from me..; title: "The Christmas from Heaven" [translation]
- Há logo à entrada do povo; title: "A Senhora dos Remédios"
- At the village gates; title: "The Lady of Remedies" [translation]
- Puz-me a chorar, de saudade; title: "Cantigas do lenço"
- I began to cry, from longing; title: "Songs of the handkerchief" [translation]
- Lindo linho, cresce, cresce; title: "Canção da Fiandeira"
- Beautiful flax, grow, grow; title: "Song of the spinstress" [translation]
- Madrid, princess of all the Spains; title: "Madrid" [translation]