You can help us modernize! The present website has been online for a very long time and we want to bring it up to date. As of May 6, we are $2,380 away from our goal of $15,000 to fund the project. The fully redesigned site will be better for mobile, easier to read and navigate, and ready for the next decade. Please give today
to join dozens of other supporters in making this important overhaul possible!
Much of our material is not in the public domain.
It is illegal to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
Printing texts or translations without the name of the author or translator is also illegal.
You must use the copyright symbol © when you reprint copyright-protected material.
For more information
, contact us at the following address:
Please read the instructions below the translations before writing!
In your e-mail, always include the names of the translators if you wish to reprint something.
Submissions by Fowler, John
( 21 texts )
Texts and Translations
- Music the fiercest grief can charm
; title: "Music the fiercest grief can charm"
- But soon, too soon, the lover turns his eyes:
; title: "But soon, too soon, the lover turns his eyes"
- He sung, and hell consented
- But when thro' all th'infernal bounds; title: "But when through all the infernal bounds"
- But when our Country's cause provokes to Arms
; title: "But when our country's cause provokes to arms"
- By Music, minds an equal temper know; title: "By music"
- Descend ye Nine! descend and sing;
; title: "Descend ye nine"
- Dell' antro magico
; title: "Dell' antro magico"
- Who was this that came by the way
; title: "The maiden"
- Whether I live, or whether I die
; title: "Whether I live"
- There was a wood, a witches' wood
; title: "The witches' wood"
- While the sun was going down
- Some showed me Life as 'twere a royal game
; title: "Three aspects"
- O my child love, my love of long ago; title: "Looking backward"
- And wiser when she wishes
; title: "Marian"
- Will he come to us out of the west; title: "Whence"
- Sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep! All nature now is steeping; title: "A Welsh lullaby"
- I went a-hunting with Queen Dian's maids; title: "A stray nymph of Dian"
- When lovers meet again; title: "When lovers meet again"
- Of all the torments, all the cares; title: "Of all the torments"
- Come, boy Bacchus, a bunch of grapes; title: "Grapes"