WARNING. Not all the material on this website is in the public domain.
It is illegal
to copy and distribute our copyright-protected material
For more information, contact us at the following address:
Submissions by Sneddon, Iain
( 30 items: 26 texts and 4 translations )
To reprint and distribute this author's work for concert programs, CD booklets, etc., you may ask the copyright-holder(s) directly or ask us; we are authorized to grant permission on their behalf. Please provide the translator's name when contacting us.
(licenses at lieder dot net)
Texts and Translations
- There once was a lady, divinely tall; title: "Legend of Rosemary"
- This enders night
; title: "This Enders Night"
- "Have you news of my boy Jack?"
; title: "My Boy Jack"
- What is a woman that you forsake her; title: "Harp Song of the Dane Women"
- That which is marred at birth Time shall not mend; title: "Gertrude's Prayer"
- Two Gardens see! this of enchanted flowers; title: "Two Gardens"
- To make a final conquest of all me; title: "The fair singer"
- As the holly groweth green
; title: "As the holly groweth green"
- Night hath no wings to him that cannot sleep
; title: "To his sweet saviour"
- Through all the night
; title: "To His Angrie God"
- God gives not only corn for need; title: "To God"
- My God, I'm wounded by my sin
; title: "To God; An Anthem sung in the Chappell at Whitehall"
- Go, pretty child, and bear this flower
; title: "To His Saviour, a Child; A Present, by a Child"
- 'O lonely workman, standing there
; title: "In the Moonlight"
- 'My bride is not coming, alas!' says the groom; title: "At the Altar-rail"
- 'But hear. If you stay, and the child be born; title: "In the Restaurant"
- They sit and smoke on the esplanade; title: "At a Watering Place"
- I wanted to marry, but father said, "No -
; title: "The Orphaned Old Maid"
- "Bury me on a Sunday"
; title: "Farmer Dunman's Funeral"
- Delight is as the flight -
- I will cut you wands of willow
; title: "Impromptu in March"
- Oh! From over there so sweetly it resounds; title: "The cry of the quail" [translation]
- The hawthorn brave upon the green; title: "The bean flower"
- I'm a Mimi who's over the hill.
; title: "Diva's lament"
- As I went dreaming
; title: "The poplars"
- I am my mother's only child
; title: "Confession" [translation]
- Death-like the morning dawns; title: "The Convalescent addresses Hope" [translation]
- Days passed; title: "Days passed" [translation]
- At night when everyone's asleep
; title: "The dustman"
- The rafters blacken year by year
; title: "A cottager"